On Sep 19, 5:32 pm, "Russell Keith-Magee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> On 9/20/07, Carlos Hanson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > Greetings,
>
> > I am using the current svn checkout of the trunk and would like to
> > include the multiple-db-support branch.  What is the best way to do
> > this?  I will understand if the answer is read the svn manual (it's on
> > my list of things to do).
>
> SVN branches are standalone - you don't 'include' the branch, you get
> a complete checkout of the branch. So, you're looking for something
> like:
>
> > svn cohttp://code.djangoproject.com/svn/django/branches/multiple-db-support

Thank you.  Yes, I have done that and understand it is a standalone
check out.  My wording was imprecise.  It should have been something
like the following:

I am using the latest development version of Django (0.97).  I want to
add multiple-db-support.  Because I am using features of 0.97 and
multiple-db-support is based on 0.96.  I can't switch to the mutliple-
db-support branch.  Is there a way for me to check out the latest
develoment version with the multiple-db-support merged into it?  Or
perhaps check out the multiple-db-support branch and update it with
the latest development version?

> However, be warned: the multiple-db-support branch is a little bit
> stale at the moment. If you search the archives, you will see that Ben
> Ford has some patches that brings the branch mostly up to date. I
> haven't played with the branch, or Ben's patches, so I can't comment
> on the stability of the branch, or the likelyhood that the design
> represented by the branch is suitable for eventual inclusion in the
> Django trunk.

It sounds like I need to use the patches and apply them to the trunk I
have checked out rather than doing a check out that combines the
functionality of the trunk with that of the multiple-db-support
branch.  I do need to read the subversion manuals, so I learn how to
handle getting updates from the trunk and keeping any patches or
modifications I have made for my system.

> Yours,
> Russ Magee %-)

Thank you, Sir.  I appreciate your time.

Carlos Hanson