James,

2007/10/1, James Bennett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Not having copious documentation of everything the dev team is doing
> isn't the same as "making it a secret" ;)

I believe in "clarification by overstatement" :)

> Again, the easy way to see what's going on is to watch the Trac
> timeline and the dev list. That lets you see commits, wiki changes and
> ongoing discussions of Django development.

I'm not arguing that I have no way to learn about what is going on
right now. It's about what will go on in the near future. As long as I
cannot read the Trac timeline for tomorrow and next week, following
all these detailed information do not provide the insight I'd like to
get ;)

> We'll just have to agree to disagree. What happens if Eclipse is
> coming up on a stated release date with a showstopping bug they can't
> fix in time? Do they say "time-based releases are better" and push a
> broken product? (rhetorical question)

As the question is rhetorical, I will not answer that this has
happened and they are now prepared, see
http://litrik.blogspot.com/2007/09/preparing-for-m5a.html ;)

> It's not a "court".

Overstatement. See above.

> And, again, it's easy to find these things out if you're genuinely
> interested; the Trac timeline and the developers' list are both
> well-advertised and publicly available.

Let's agree that we disagree on this.

Regards,

--