On 9/10/07, djworth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have been trying to figure out what the current status is of the RLP
> branch.  Does anyone know?  It seems dead or have I missed something?

No, no, he's not dead, he's, he's restin'! Remarkable bird, the RLP
Branch, idn'it, ay? Beautiful plumage! :-)

As I understand, the basic functionality of RLP was complete, and was
working reasonably well. However, the branch hasn't been updated for a
while, so will need a champion to merge it up to trunk.

The sticking point on the original effort was that it needed to make
some modifciations to the admin application to be properly integrated
with the rest of Django. Rather than hack a specific RLP interface
onto the side of the Admin application, a decision was made to make a
generic admin extension interface that could be used by other
projects. A rewrite of Admin was required for newforms anyway, so
finishing RLP was deferred until the newforms-admin was available.

The newforms-admin branch is getting relatively stable (stable enough
that I'm using it for a new project under development where I work),
so it may be time for someone to revisit RLP. Volunteers are welcome.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)