On Tue, 2007-10-09 at 13:38 +0000, Trey wrote:
> I took the liberty of doing some research on mod_wsgi and it appears
> to be a very good alternative solution to mod_python. One which we'll
> probably try.
>
> Is there a reason Django doesn't represent it in it's documentation? I
> know everyone is busy and it could be that it just isn't added yet. I
> would just like to know if mod_python is the official choice over
> mod_wsgi for a reason.

Because mod_wsgi is basically brand new, whereas mod_python has been
around for years and years and was used since day 1 in Django. There are
lots of other solutions besides mod_python and mod_wsgi and we don't
document them, either. At some point, we have to pick a few options and
go with it. Quite possibly, in the future, we'll add documentation for
mod_wsgi -- chances go up once somebody submits a patch to Trac, for
example.

Django isn't 100% WSGI-compliant at the moment, but we're close and the
missing bits (mainly ensuring SCRIPT_NAME is always available) will be
filled in very soon (I think there are some patches in Trac awaiting
final review).

Regards,
Malcolm