Is there a simple way to recover from interpreter db errors (yeah,
postgres)? I'll often forget a required field and get stuck with this
error for all following db interactions:

ProgrammingError: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored
until end of transaction block.

I'm using the interpreter to learn Django (-r6474 from Subversion)
with postgresql_psycopg2 (pg82). I've found this thread in the
django-users archive:

  recovering from interpreter db errors  (jan-06)
  http://tinyurl.com/2bazqe

But the information seems out-of-date with regards to the current
branch, referring to things like django.core.db.

I read the transaction documentation and saw the header "Tying
transactions to HTTP requests" and figured it wasn't for me (and
wrapping every function is a bit more than I would prefer).

I would also like to avoid globally disable transactions in the
settings.py file.

So, is there a snippet for doing this as there seemed to be in earlier versions?