This issue has come up for many people in many places, but most of the
threads seem old, and none of the solutions proposed has helped.

I have a django installation in a subdirectory of a site, like so:
www.mysite.com/django. At first I noticed a problem with the admin
login, like other people have had (where the /django/ portion of the
url is removed when you try to login, leading to a 404), and solved it
by copying some of the admin template pages into my own project
template directory.

It appears that the problem also affects ALL url tags in my templates:
using the {% url path/to/view %} tag produces a URL which doesn't
include the /django/ section, meaning it's invalid. Trying to cheat
like this:
href="/django{% url path/to/view %}"
produces the correct url in the template page, but when I actually
click the link, django removes the /django/ section from the url in
the browser address bar, and then tells me it can't find the page.

I've tried adding r'^django/' at the front of the urls in my url
config, but that just results in none of the urls matching.

Does anyone have an explanation or a solution for this?

Many thanks in advance,
Eric