> These guys seem to have very tempting packages. They say they support
> django. What I'd like to know is what kind of support? Do I have to
> install it on my home folder, or is it preinstalled on their servers?

I know two folks using WHB, though not for Django.  Both are
using the basic bottom-tier stuff:  one (my brother-in-law) for a
personal setup with gallery for family, etc; and the other is the
wife of a coworker who hosts an OSCommerce deployment for stuff
she's selling.

However on one page [1], they claim to "fully support Django Web
Hosting on our Budget Web Hosting plans", I find that suspect
given that they don't seem to back that anywhere and that
according to their FAQ[2]
"""
"Do you support DJango and Ruby on Rails?
We support them on our semi dedicated web hosting plan.
"""

Dedicated hosting is a big jump in price, from under $5/mo (for
the Budget plans) to $150/mo

Additionally, though they say that they offer shell access, you
have to request it, and (at least in the case of my coworker's
wife) they require a (faxed?) copy of a photo ID before they
enable shell access.  That bugged me.

However, I have shell access to that machine to help her maintain
her project so if you want me to investigate I can do so further.
 That said, I don't think that her budget package has anything
remotely resembling support for Django.

> Second thing I wanted to ask about, is the speed. My current account
> goes really slow, and it has only one flatpage to handle. How good it
> webhostingbuzz on that issue?

I've used several budget hosting services and would rate WHB as
average.  I don't know how that translates when moving from
Budget to Dedicated.

In short, for a small to medium sized Django site, I don't think
I would go with WHB when there are other sites out there[3] that
have far more affordable plans.  If you were just installing
static pages or some generic PHP scripts, they're fine.

Hope this helps,

-tim

[1]
http://www.webhostingbuzz.com/website-hosting.shtml?host_django-hosting