> hello,
>
> I am learning a lot from the B-List blog
> Here is an entry, which could be interesting for
> you:http://www.b-list.org/weblog/2007/nov/06/urlconf/
> (specially the named URL patterns)

Thanks Bernd,

I'd seen that before, and decided I wouldn't mess with it if I
couldn't get the basics to work. But I just tried it, and turning
(r'^$', 'index'),
into
(r'^$', 'index', name="blog-index"),

gave me a syntax error on that line. I'm running r6659, only one short
of head. Is it because I'm not using generic views? I wonder if this
is another indication of whatever it is I've borked...