Hello,

> then why do you recommend that apache be restarted on 17,37 and 57 minutes?
> In fact *you* yourself install that cronjob on all django sites.?

The cron job you're referring to:

1) Exists because if you've a spike in CPU or memory usage that
affects others on the same server your processes will be killed. If we
kill your processes the cron job ensures that your website won't be
down for too long.
2) Only restarts your instance of Apache if it's down.

> debug is false everywhere, apache is tweaked as per your recommendations and
> static media is served through the system wide apache. My client had to
> upgrade to 80 MB from 40 MB for a site that is 90% admin and has at the most,
> three users at a time.

A memory leak isn't the only reason that your instance of Apache could
be using more than 40 MB of memory, off of the top of my head I can
think of nearly half a dozen reasons and I'm just WebFaction's Django
monkey. With that said the memory usage related Apache/Django tips
that we've in our blog are by no means a one size fits all solution
for decreasing Apache's memory usage.

-David Sissitka