On Dec 5, 12:26 pm, "Karen Tracey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You could try to adapt admin to do what you're asking, but I really think it
> would be easier to write your own views.  It's not so hard.

Ok, I'll write my own views but where? Outside of the admin?

Say one of this users has permissions to add/modify/delete model A and
should only
have a read view on model B. Are you suggesting this user should login
into the admin
site for working with model A and login again somewhere else in order
to view the content
on model B?

I'd like to be able to integrate this new, custom views into the admin
but have to figure out
which is the best way.

In the ideal scenario I would totally "simulate" the look and feel of
having a real "view permission":

- Model get listed properly in the main page
- Some sort of HTML table shows the full content of the record instead
of an editable html-form
- No modify / delete buttons get shown or they are inactive

Any ideas on how to get there?

Percy