On Dec 5, 11:42 am, "Karen Tracey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 12/5/07, Percy Rodriguez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> and it doesn't include any view/read permissions.  The Django admin site
> code assumes any User with "is_staff" set to True can view/read everything.
> It only uses permissions to limit the ability to add and change objects.

I have a few users with is_staff = True and they can't see any models
they don't
have explicit permissions for. I even tried to access other models and
I get a
"Permission denied" error.

> Any ideas on how could I implement that in the cleanest possible way?
>
> This is not a way in which the admin site is meant to be
> extended/customized.  The admin site is meant for trusted users.  If you're
> looking to limit what certain users can see, I believe you should be
> developing your own custom views for this, not trying to make the admin site
> do it.

I guess i'd try customize the admin anyway. In the documentation you
pointed out
custom permission creation is described. I guess I could  override the
admin templates
and and try to make use of this new permissions in order to get the
desired effect.

More ideas anyone?

Percy.