On Dec 23, 2007 10:19 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> That all works - (renders as Fri, 21 Dec 2007 21:22:49 +0000 ) but I
> can not apply any Django time filters (date, timesince, naturalday) to
> the {{entry.date }} variable. I would guess it is not recognizing the
> date as a 'date' but i can not find in the docs how to work this.

You'll be wanting to check out the feedparser documentation[1] to find
out what the attributes mean; in this case, for example, the 'date'
attribute is the actual literal string which appeared inside the feed,
and so logically can't be reformatted using date operations because
it's not a date object. You probably want the 'date_parsed' attribute
instead, which returns a tuple suitable for constructing various type
of date and time objects.

[1] http://feedparser.org/docs/