Have you tried this yet?

http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/static_files/

-Bill

On Jan 6, 2008, at 9:12 PM, pacman wrote:

Hi, I have a strange issue with my css not loading. CSS and Images
seem to work fine for the admin portion of the site but when I try to
add my own CSS it can't seem to find it.

my variables look as such:

MEDIA_ROOT = '/srv/abc/media/'
MEDIA_URL = 'http://www.abc.net/media/'
ADMIN_MEDIA_PREFIX = 'http://www.abc.net/media/'

I have a CSS link in a template file that looks like so but will not
load:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="Http://www.abc.net/ media/
css/styling.css" />
I point my browser to the link and it seems to show the default admin
stuff suchas the css, js, and image files but it doesn't show the
stuff that I have tossed into that directory such as the styling.css.

my apache config looks like this:

<VirtualHost *:80>
   ServerName django.abc.net
   ServerAlias django
   ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]

   <Location />
       SetHandler python-program
       PythonHandler django.core.handlers.modpython
       SetEnv DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE abc.settings
       PythonPath "['/srv','/srv/django-0.96-current','/srv/abc'] +
sys.path"
       PythonDebug On
   </Location>
   <Location "/media/">
       SetHandler None
   </Location>
</VirtualHost>

for some reason I have to use the www.abc.com/media/ to get to where
my media content is stored rather than what I assume should be like
this django.abc.com/media/ since I set the handler to none within the
virtual host tag. Anyone know why I have to use the first url as
apposed to using the second one?

Does anyone know why my css is not loading correctly but the admin css
works fine?