On Jan 21, 4:22 pm, Bram - Smartelectronix <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> 2. file uploads are the most vital part of freesound. While I have used
> tramline successfully with splice, it still feels like a relatively ugly
> solution to me (especially as you need to patch mod_python in order for
> it to work). As far as I know streaming file uploads have been on the
> todo for more than a year.

Some load balancers (include the ability to handle streaming file
uploads for you. Essentially, the load balancer can intercept the file
upload and write it to disk as it slowly comes in, then splurge it all
through to the application running behind it at once when the whole
file is available to the load balancer. I'm pretty sure Perlbal has
this ability. Would this solve your file upload problem, or is there
something else that I'm missing?

Cheers,

Simon Willison