On Jan 26, 2008 6:03 AM, Piotr Majewski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I would love to have the (native) feature that django-multilingual
> gives. For me an many developers i know this is vital. Is it any way
> that django 1.0 will support multilingual models (content) ?

Hi Piotr,

Unlikely. The current development focus is to get a v1.0 out the door;
primarily this means completing the newforms changeover (including
newforms-admin), finishing the queryset refactor, and a handful of
other small bugs and features.

If we extend this list to include every feature that each user thinks
is essential, we will never get v1.0 out the door. For me (and many
people I know), aggregate columns are a must-have feature;
multi-lingual features are less important. Everyone has different
priorities, and we can't satisfy everyone at once.

I should also point out that being in the core doesn't grant code
special magic powers. I haven't looked at django-multilingual myself,
but if it works now, it won't work any better by virtue of being part
of the Django core. If anything, being an external project is a
benefit, as those developers with a particular interest in
multilingual features don't need to have access to the Django core
repository in order to contribute directly to the multilingual
project.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)