On Jan 30, 2008 5:36 AM, rock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks Russ, for your helpful comments!
>
> I'm now searching for the initial_data fixture. I have looked through
> all files in this project without success.  When I run
>
> python manage.py test
>
> there is no such sentence as "Loading 'initial_data' fixtures", but
> maybe there shouldn't be one? I've also looked in all files named
> initial_data.* on my system without luck.

You won't see any loading messages during the test run; you only see
that message when you syncdb, or if you manually call 'loaddata
initial_data'

> I have a vague memory of creating these users (testuser and testuser2)
> a long time ago, possibly under another project. Does anybody know how
> to find (or delete) this fixture that is hiding somewhere?

Crank up the verbosity - pass in -v 2 as an argument to ./manage.py
loaddata, and it will tell you every location that it is checking for
fixtures, and what it finds there.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)