It seems to me that I'm asking something verys obvious. However I
couln't find and example anywhere for solving my problem. Here it
goes...

I receive a request via GET and, based on request.GET, I generare a
result and send a HttpResponse. However, when sending the response,
I'd like to set additional parameters in the query string.

For example, suppose I receive the following request:

  http://domain.com/myurl/myform/?query=whatever

Then, my form will query the database, build the result set and send a
initial HTTP response. Then the user will (for example) toggle a
"order by" option. Now, what I would like is to return a HttpResponse
but ALSO, extend the query string, for example

  http://domain.com/myurl/myform/?query=whatever&orderby=foo

so that on the next request.GET I find the new "orderby" parameter.

This seems a tremendously common and simple problem. However, I'm not
finding a way to solve it. If I use a HttpResponseRedirect instead of
an HttpResponse, what I get is a "Found a cyclic link" problem.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance for any help.