Etienne, thanks for answering,

> I believe you got this wrong a little. A HttpResponse object doesn't modify
> the query string. That should be done in your form markup,
> or even in a javascript file, in case you want to do it programmatically.

Yes, I understand that a HttpResponse cannot modify the query string.
What I really want is a behavior, which looks like modifying the query
string, but in fact is a common submit/response practice that I do not
know how to implement. This is what I need:
- user enters a query form (through a 1st GET request),
- user selects some filtering options (e.g. combo, check box) and then
presses the submit button (thus I receive a POST request)
- system sends an HTTP response with the query result and the same
filtering options set by the user. However, I wish that the same
filtering options set by the user (that I received through a POST), do
also appear in the query string.

Is there any way to do that? Or I'm completely wrong on what I'm
trying to do?

I carefully read the Django "Request and response objects" docs, but I
can't find a strightforward way to get this behavior done. If you know
of any example or code snippet for such behavior, please let me know.