On Feb 19, 3:36 am, Malcolm Tredinnick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 07:09 -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > that won't do it when I do something like:
> > return HttpResponseRedirect('/')
>
> > What I want is to be able to do the command above and I'll get to the:
> >http://localhost/django
>
> > Instead ofhttp://localhost/.
>
> > Is there a way to do this?
>
> Not at the moment. It's something we're working on -- the main ticket to
> help this along is in my "to review" pile (#245). Then, at some point,
> we'll commit that and the rest of the needed bits, but the timing will
> need some judging, since it will be backwards incompatible for some
> people.
>
> For now, the most maintainable solution is to have the common prefix a
> setting and then refer to settings.MY_COMMON_PREFIX in your redirects
> and you URLs file and everywhere else you need it.

Would the suggested fiddle for mod_wsgi for mounting Django
application at non root URL help in this particular case? Ie., as
outlined in:

  http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/IntegrationWithDjango

use:

  import os, sys
  sys.path.append('/usr/local/django')
  os.environ['DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE'] = 'mysite.settings'

  import django.core.handlers.wsgi

  _application = django.core.handlers.wsgi.WSGIHandler()

  def application(environ, start_response):
      environ['PATH_INFO'] = environ['SCRIPT_NAME'] +
environ['PATH_INFO']
      return _application(environ, start_response)

I don't have time at present to try out what OP wants under this
configuration.

Graham

Graham