On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 3:13 PM, Michael Wieher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> but this is the error message.
>
> >ImportError: No module named django
>
> shouldn't that mean that python can't find the django module?  regardless
> of if he has further issues, modules within modules or anything, if python
> can't find the initial django module that means a bad install?

It means python running under apache can't find django.  However the dev
server works, so django is there.  Which leads me to suspect a permissions
problem.  I know nothing of CentOS but from googling a bit it sounds like it
is a distrib possibly based off of SELinux (security-enhanced).  Is django
actually installed under site-packages or is it just linked there?  If it's
only linked, and the link is to some user-owned space, then probably the
issue is that apache doesn't have the access rights to read that space.
Search the list for SELinux and you'll get some hits for other people who
have tacked this problem and figured out how to set things up so apache
could read their files.

Karen