hi Evert,
thanks for reply, but i don't quite understand :( sorry i'm newbie here....
First my models.py is like this
class DigitalSignage(models.Model):
    DS_ID = integerField()

class tableSlot(models.Model):
    ds_id =models.ManyToManyField(DigitalSignage)

class columnSetup(models.Model):
        tableList          =models.ManyToManyField(tableSlot)

so in my views.py like this:
>    ds = DigitalSignage.objects.get(pk=ds_id)
>    tableslots = ds.tableslot_set.all()
>    columnsetups = tableslots.columnsetup_set.all()

so now if i change upwards... that's mean my models.py should be like this:
class DigitalSignage(models.Model):
    DS_ID = integerField()

class columnSetup(models.Model):
    field1 = models.charField()

class tableSlot(models.Model):
    ds_id =models.ManyToManyField(DigitalSignage)
    columnList          =models.ManyToManyField(columnSetup)

but i'm not sure, how to define at views.py?