On Mar 30, 8:49 pm, erikankrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have a model:
>
> from django.db import models
> from django import newforms as forms
> from django.contrib.localflavor.us import forms as us_forms
>
> class Address(models.Model):
>         member                  = models.ForeignKey(Member, unique=True)
>         street                  = models.CharField(max_length=50)
>         city                    = models.CharField(max_length=30)
>         state                   = us_forms.USStateSelect()
>         zip                     = us_forms.USZipCodeField()
>         description             = models.CharField(max_length=50)
>         is_preferred            = models.BooleanField(default=False)
>
> I can't get Address.city or Address.state to show up in admin forms.
> What am I missing here?

The Localflavor fields are form fields, not model fields. You can't
use them in a model definition. (I presume it's Address.zip you can't
see, not Address.city.)

If you are using newforms_admin, you could override
formfield_for_dbfield in your model form definition and return the
relevant formfields. Otherwise, you can use the built-in USStateField
model field, but there is no equivalent USZipCodeField - although
there's nothing to stop you rolling your own, see
http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/custom_model_fields/
--
DR.