Evert Rol wrote:
And a slightly problematic part is sqlite, which doesn't allow you to ALTER tables (or at least not adding a column to a table); I use sqlite mainly for testing & developing, recreating it every time one of my model changes (the thing there that I found the most hassle is entering an admin login, email & pass; I cannot script that...).

It doesn't?

sqlite> .schema products_product
CREATE TABLE "products_product" (
    "id" integer NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
    "code" varchar(32) NOT NULL UNIQUE,
    "product_line_id" integer NOT NULL,
    "name" varchar(128) NOT NULL,
    "charging_cycle" varchar(16) NOT NULL,
    "price" decimal NOT NULL,
    "active" bool NOT NULL,
    "active_from" datetime NULL,
    "active_to" datetime NULL
);
CREATE INDEX "products_product_product_line_id" ON "products_product" ("product_line_id");
sqlite> alter table products_product add column responsible_staff integer;
sqlite> .schema products_product
CREATE TABLE "products_product" (
    "id" integer NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
    "code" varchar(32) NOT NULL UNIQUE,
    "product_line_id" integer NOT NULL,
    "name" varchar(128) NOT NULL,
    "charging_cycle" varchar(16) NOT NULL,
    "price" decimal NOT NULL,
    "active" bool NOT NULL,
    "active_from" datetime NULL,
    "active_to" datetime NULL
, responsible_staff integer);
CREATE INDEX "products_product_product_line_id" ON "products_product" ("product_line_id");

--

Darryl Ross
Director