Hi,

We're using SVN between several developers to work on the same project
and it's working quite well. But it's not as simple concerning the
database.

Each of us has a local database to muck around with, and if one of us
makes a change in the models that implies modifying the database
manually (e.g. renaming a field, changing the type or the field, etc.)
that developer has to inform all others of the changes so they all
make the change manually on their own local database.

Having a common database would avoid that, but that's not ideal since
an online database would be slower to access, and it could quickly go
out of control if many people add records or change the database
structure at the same time.

So, I just wanted to get some advice from you as to what is the best
approach to go?

Regards,

Julien