Hi,

 I'm using lighttpd version 1.4.19.

 It supports reverse proxy using proxy.server configuration with
mod_proxy
 module. Example

    proxy.server = ( ".jsp" =>
                       ( (
                           "host" => "10.0.0.242",
                           "port" => 81
                         ) )
                     )

 A reverse proxy is used to redirect requests for a Web site to a
number of
 servers for a client.

 But I am not sure whether it supports forward proxy - A forward proxy
is
 used to support Internet access for a number of clients through a
single
 server for security, caching, or filtering.

 That is, the "host" in the above proxy.server should be dynamically
 configurable based upon the input URL.

 Please let me know if there is a way to configure lighttpd as a
"forward"
 proxy.

 Thanks,
 Thiyaga