On 09 Apr 15:35, Mat wrote:
> Just found the current project on code.google.com
>

> I'm not too upto date with django as you may know, but to me this looks like
> a few googlers are working away at integrating appengine db into django
> models.
>

> http://code.google.com/p/google-app-engine-django/
>

> inparticular settings.py
>

> DATABASE_ENGINE = 'appengine'  # 'postgresql_psycopg2', 'postgresql',
> 'mysql', 'sqlite3' or 'oracle'.
>

> Sets off alarm bells,
>

> Has anyone else seen this yet, or is this new?? If someone who knows django
> better could look over the code and work out if this is django models
> running on appengine, I'd love to know. Not had time to look through it in
> depth yet, but thought I'd post it up for your opinions

If you look a bit further you get to:
  """App Engine database definition for Django.

  This "database" backend does not support any of the standard backend
  operations. The only task that it performs is to setup the api stubs required
  by the appengine libraries if they have not already been initialised by an
  appserver.
  """

So, that'll be a no then :)

(ref: