On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 6:03 AM, Waldemar Kornewald
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  I agree that you can't always reuse those media files, but why does
>  that mean there shouldn't be an easy (automatic) way to serve media
>  files?

Because Django should have nothing whatsoever to do with your media
files. That's a path you just don't want to go down, and the only way
to avoid it is to force the up-front separation of dynamic and static
content.

>  There still is the global media folder and quite a few novice
>  users would have an easier time getting started with Django. Even
>  advanced developers could save those few lines of code which repeat in
>  every project, anyway.

If you know of an advanced developed who's serving static media files
through Django, please forward my statement above to him/her.