On 4/21/08, DuncanM <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Please could someone have a look through and see what I'm missing?

I'm not a Django skilled user, but I use the similiar pagination and
what I see at glance is, that you mix paginator's template with view's
template.

###

Paginator is inclusion tag - it requires some HTML code to be rendered
by - this is the <span ....> fragment, hence you should change your
inclusion tag definition to something like
register.inclusion_tag("tag_paginator.html",
takes_context=True)(paginator) and save this fragment into it
tag_paginator.html

And in your page (main_menu.html), you should "call" it like this:

{% if is_paginated %}
   {% load paginator %}<div class="paginator">{% paginator 4 %}</div>
{% endif %}

HTH, Peter