       event = models.OneToOneField(Event)
       attended = models.BooleanField()
       was_drunk = models.BooleanField()
       silly_walk = models.BooleanField()
       naughty = models.BooleanField()
       been_seen = models.BooleanField()

       def __str__(self):
                return self.name

When I populate and save an object instance of class Event does it create a
corresponding instance of bar based on the one to one relationship
automatically?

I have date based events (one per day) that need a corresponding table of
boolean values, like a check list, to be filled out later. The event is
scheduled and then the check list is processed on that day,  so I'm trying
to properly do the following:

1. If possible, when a Event object is created; create the corresponding
CheckList object automatically. Ready to be filled out from a view.
2. A CheckList's most proper "name"; i.e., what I'd like to return via the
admin app in list view when __str___(CheckList_obj) is called would be the
corresponding date of the related event, not sure how to do this within the
Django model context, pretty sure how I'd do things from a Python point of
view.

I've thought about having the CheckList object instanced by the __init__
method for Event, passing in the date from the Event object to be used in
the __str__ method.

But I guess I should poke around in the classes Django is providing and see
how they are structured and see what I can take advantage of better there.
If anyone has a quick insight into clean & correct ways to do this with
Django, or ways I could better model and refactor this. Perhaps it is what I
want to do that is wrong even before considering how to do it.

I just don't want to break the nice SQL generation / data modeling going on
by inadvertently trying to make it do something without understanding more
fundamentally how it is working at low-level and I haven't got there yet.

Thanks much!

--
John Morris
[EMAIL PROTECTED]