I didn't realize I could use an SQLite that was already installed. I
have python 2.5.1 on my IMac.  I've gone as far through the tutorial
and already installed Django and run some of the code in the first few
chapters, I was just getting stuck with how to interface with the
database. Is there something I need to do to interface Django with
SQLite?  Is this what most Djangophiles are using to build sites
before they go live?

I'll look into MacPorts and Fink as well, I've never heard of them.
I'll need to find a way to configure the thing for production at some
point if it's going to be of any use to me.

Thanks for the tips