Hi All,

Appologies if this is a stupid question but before I go any further
I'm new to Django!

I have modified the field_line.html template (from within the
change_form.html admin template) so it looks like this:

{% load admin_modify %}
{% load designset_extras %}
{% for bound_field in bound_fields %}{{ bound_field.html_error_list }}
{% endfor %}
{% for bound_field in bound_fields %}
  {% ifequal bound_field.field.name "exemplar_smiles" %}
       <label for="id_exemplar_smiles" class="required">Exemplar
smiles:</label>
       <input type="hidden" name="drawing"
value="{{ bound_field.field.data }}">
  {% else %}
    {% if bound_field.has_label_first %}{% field_label2 bound_field %}
{% endif %}
    {% field_widget bound_field %}
    {% if not bound_field.has_label_first %}{% field_label2
bound_field %}{% endif %}
    {% if bound_field.field.help_text %}<p
class="help">{{ bound_field.field.help_text|safe }}</p>{% endif %}
  {% endifequal %}
{% endfor %}

I basically want to replace the exemplar_smiles part of the form with
a custom form field. However, I still need to pass in the value from
exemplar_smiles into this custom form field. In the above example I
have tried to do this using {{ bound_field.field.data }} but with no
luck.

Is there a way to extract the value from the bound_field object???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Martin