Hello

In my site I want users to belong to groups, but in a quite diffrent
manner from what the contrib.auth Group model is capable of. What I
would want is something like with profiles for users - you create a
profile model and then someuser.get_profile(), but tinkering with the
contrib.auth is rather out of the question because of the maintance,
etc. Now I got a model like this:

class GroupData(models.Model):
        name             = models.CharField(max_length=40, unique=True)
        user_number = models.IntegerField(blank=True, null=True)
        group_avatar = models.ImageField(upload_to='media/images',
blank=True, null=True)
        date_created = models.DateField('date created', blank=True,
null=True)
        accepted       = models.BooleanField()
        objects          = GroupDataManager()

        group             = models.ForeignKey(Group, unique=True)
        division           = models.ForeignKey(Division, unique=True)

        def __unicode__(self):
                return self.name

        class Meta:
                ordering = ["name"]

        class Admin:
                list_display = ('name', 'user_number')

(Now I`m thinking what for the foreign key with group is...) Is
ditching the contrib.auth Group model and writing my own the only
efficient way?

Thanks