Hi,

I keep getting loads of errors caught by web crawlers (Yahoo Slurp,
Yeti, Googlebot, MSN, etc.). They all get jammed in a function where I
cache querysets (turned into list beforehand). The Traceback is pretty
much always the same:

Traceback (most recent call last):

 File "/DJANGOPATH/django/core/handlers/base.py", line 82, in
get_response
   response = callback(request, *callback_args, **callback_kwargs)

 File "/DJANGOPATH/django/views/generic/date_based.py", line 341, in
object_detail
   c[key] = value()

 File "/MYPATH/news/views.py", line 316, in populateSidebar
   cached_sidebar = cache.get('sidebar')

 File "/DJANGOPATH/django/core/cache/backends/filebased.py", line 47,
in get
   return pickle.load(f)

I mostly get UnicodeDecodeError, but I also get some TypeError:

TypeError: ("'str' object is not callable), and

UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0x8a in position
4463: unexpected code byte

Do you know how I could fix that? It's very annoying (I get about 20
errors each day), and I have no idea what to do about it...

Any help or hint would be very welcome! :)

Thanks heaps!

Julien