Hello,

I am kind of  new to django, and trying to build a small app just to
learn it (it is an app to interact with Google Calendar and Docs).

My problem is, that django seemingly always caches "something". I
tried to get rid of this behavior by adding either
CACHE_BACKEND = 'dummy:///'
or
CACHE_ENABLED = False
but neither helped.

one of my functions follows, here it doesn't matter if I uncomment the
raide exception line, it never gets raised. On the other hand I am
sent to the authorization page. The getDocument function get's called
from a "request handler" function (myproject.myapp.views.index)

How can I turn caching off?

def getDocuments(username):
    '''
    Get the list of documents or authenticate the user

    This method can't be accessed from the web

    @param username:
    @type username:
    '''
    import gdata.docs.service
    import gdata.docs
    service = gdata.docs.service.DocsService()
    # this has no effect
    # raise models.StoredToken.DoesNotExist
    try:
        token = models.StoredToken.objects.get(
                    user=auth.User.objects.get(username=username),
                    feed_type=str(service.__class__))
        print token
    except models.StoredToken.DoesNotExist:
        raise
        #return
HttpResponseRedirect(reverse('adminka.gauth.views.getDocumentsToken'))
    service.auth_token = token.token
    feed = service.GetDocumentListFeed()
    return [ entry.title.text.encode('UTF-8') for i, entry in
enumerate(feed.entry) ]