Awesome!  Thanks for all the advice, guys.  Will try the
PythonInterpreter trick & get back to you.

Just FYI, I'd deliberately ignored that part of the documentation
since it specifies:

"If you need to put two Django installations within the same
VirtualHost, you’ll need to take a special precaution to ensure
mod_python’s cache doesn’t mess things up. Use the PythonInterpreter
directive to give different <Location> directives separate
interpreters"

...and my two Django installations are very much in different
VirtualHosts.  So maybe the docs could use a bit of revision there...?

Also, I'd very much like to try the mod_wsgi stuff, so if anyone has a
good pointer to docs/tutorials regarding that, I'd appreciate.  Though
I suspect I'll have *something* googled w/in minutes of pressing
"send" here, so no worries...

Thanks again!