On May 25, 9:15 am, Jason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well, actually things are not so bueno.  Everything's still working
> fine w/my my main instance, but any changes I make to models on my
> test instance (port 8080, different VirtualHost) are not propagating
> reliably-- or at all-- to the test site admin screen.  Have tried
> server restarts, syncdb, etc.  Sometimes I can get a minor change to
> turn up on the test site's admin, most often not.  Main server admin
> screen is not behaving erratically, for whatever reason.
>
> Also, the two admin (main & test) screens seem to interfere w/each
> other, inasmuch as if I'm logged in to one, I have to re-login to the
> other one.
>
> Barring someone having any insight here, I guess I should either
> investigatemod_wsgifor the test suite, or give up on the idea of
> having a test suite on the same box/apache instance-- which would be a
> major bummer.

Ensure you have set SESSION_COOKIE_NAME differently for each Django
instance in the settings.py files.

This is needed because each instance runs under same VirtualHost name.
Cookies are not distinguished based on port.

Look for some comments about this in:

  http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/IntegrationWithDjango

It was talking about multiple instances mapped at different URL in
same virtual host/port number, but same applies if different port
number.

Graham