I'm encountering a problem using ContentType.model_class() within a
template tag.  The tag parses an “<app_label>.<model>“ argument and
then tries to get the model object, like this: http://dpaste.com/51963/

When I place “{% magic_archives <app_label>.<model> %}“ in a template,
I get the following:

(u'<app_label>', u'<model>', '<content type model field>', "")

So everything is being parsed correctly because I can get the
arguments back out, ContentType is imported correctly, because I can
look up the content type. Only .model_class() fails. Is this 1) me not
seeing a typo in two lines I've read repeatedly, 2) something not
spelled out in the documentation that I don't understand, or 3) a bug?