> I am building a django-app that pulls call logs from a mysql
> database and displays reports, I am trying to make the reports
> printable and I use a CSS that splits them into two columns on
> the page. I am trying to find a template tag that will split
> the lists up so that they will fit onto a printed
> page,something like  "show first 30 lines of list" show next
> 30 lines of list, The list size and amount of pages depends on
> the query and how big the list is that is returned.

(sorry...your 2nd message came in right after I pushed <send>)

This sounds more like a need for pagination as described at

http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/pagination/

If you want them to fit on paper, you run against the odd
boundary between web and paper, where "N items fit on a page"
varies based on font-size, margins, etc.

There's some CSS-Print selectors detailed at

http://www.w3.org/TR/css-print/

that might be usable in connection with the columnize filter I
gave you earlier.  Or you might be able to use the columnize
filter as a base for something similar.

-tim