I just updated the the latest version of Django and I started getting
the following error in the admin interface:

Caught an exception while rendering: invalid literal for int() with
base 10: 'None'

It seems to be the result of a model I have with a DateTimeField with
both null and blank set to True, and a date_hierarchy set on the same
field.

Here is an example model that can re-produce the error:

class Post(models.Model):
        title = models.CharField(max_length=100)
        publish_date = models.DateTimeField(null=True, blank=True)

        def __unicode__(self):
                return unicode(self.title)

        class Admin:
                date_hierarchy = 'publish_date'

If I revert to a version of Django from before the qs-rf merge the
error goes away.

I have looked through the Backwards Incompatible changes and can't
seem to find anything that would explain it.

Is there some sort of work-around, or is this a bug?

Thanks,

Steven