On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 4:50 PM, Steve Potter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On Jun 13, 7:47 pm, Steve  Potter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I just updated the the latest version of Django and I started getting
> > the following error in the admin interface:
> >
> > Caught an exception while rendering: invalid literal for int() with
> > base 10: 'None'
> >
> > It seems to be the result of a model I have with a DateTimeField with
> > both null and blank set to True, and a date_hierarchy set on the same
> > field.
> >
> > Here is an example model that can re-produce the error:
> >
> > class Post(models.Model):
> >         title = models.CharField(max_length=100)
> >         publish_date = models.DateTimeField(null=True, blank=True)
> >
> >         def __unicode__(self):
> >                 return unicode(self.title)
> >
> >         class Admin:
> >                 date_hierarchy = 'publish_date'
> >
> > If I revert to a version of Django from before the qs-rf merge the
> > error goes away.
> >
> > I have looked through the Backwards Incompatible changes and can't
> > seem to find anything that would explain it.
> >
> > Is there some sort of work-around, or is this a bug?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Steven
>

> I realized that I left a few things out when describing the problem.
> The error occurs when trying to access the change_list portion of the
> admin interface after a record has been inserted with a null date.
>
> Here is more details on the error produced:
>

> Template error
>
> In template c:\python25\lib\site-packages\django\contrib\admin
> \templates\admin\change_list.html, error at line 16
> Caught an exception while rendering: invalid literal for int() with
> base 10: 'None'
> 6       {% block coltype %}flex{% endblock %}
> 7       {% block content %}
> 8       <div id="content-main">
> 9       {% block object-tools %}
> 10      {% if has_add_permission %}
> 11      <ul class="object-tools"><li><a href="add/{% if is_popup %}?
> _popup=1{% endif %}" class="addlink">{% blocktrans with
> cl.opts.verbose_name|escape as name %}Add {{ name }}{% endblocktrans
> 12      {% endif %}
> 13      {% endblock %}
> 14      <div class="module{% if cl.has_filters %} filtered{% endif %}"
> id="changelist">
> 15      {% block search %}{% search_form cl %}{% endblock %}
> 16      {% block date_hierarchy %}{% date_hierarchy cl %}{% endblock %}
> 17      {% block filters %}{% filters cl %}{% endblock %}
> 18      {% block result_list %}{% result_list cl %}{% endblock %}
> 19      {% block pagination %}{% pagination cl %}{% endblock %}
> 20      </div>
> 21      </div>
> 22      {% endblock %}
> 23
>
> So the error is a result of the null dated being processed by the
> date_hierarchy tag.
>
> Any ideas?

Searching here:

http://code.djangoproject.com/search

for date_heirarchy brings up an open ticket:

http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/7199

So looks like someone else has hit this and reported it already.  The report
includes some analysis of where the error is occurring but no patch, and
apparently no on else has had a chance to look at this yet (since the ticket
is still in Unreviewed state).  If you want to help the process along you
could try your hand at coming up with a patch to fix the error.

Karen