Dictionaries compare equal if they contain the same data, regardless
of key order. There is no need to convert to sorted sequences unless
you need to compare the serialized output (such as in doctests).

I would guess that one of the models has additional fields added to
its __dict__, perhaps through some caching mechanism. Try printing
``vars(mo)`` and ``vars(saved_mo)``, and then examine the output
manually. If you truly wish to examine two model objects for equality,
you could try the appended code[1]

However, I would advise that you remove your test entirely. It is
without point, as Django's unit testing already covers the behavior of
``Model.send()``. Restrict testing to your own code, before you go mad
"sanity checking" the massive pile of third-party code underlying
yours.

[1]
assertEqual (type (mo), type (saved_mo))

# Retrieve a list of database model field names
attrs = [f.attname for f in mo._meta.fields]

# Construct lists based on the model attributes, and compare them
mo_attrs = [getattr (mo, a) for a in attrs]
saved_mo_attrs = [getattr (saved_mo, a) for a in attrs]
assertEqual (mo_attrs, saved_mo_attrs)