Hi,

On Jun 19, 4:31 am, Vasiliy Gladkov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> As i want to allow site editor to edit pages in convenient way without
> built-in django admin, i use request.GET parameters like "http://
> localhost:8000/somepage?action=edit"

Like inline editing (Flickr-style), right?

> A lot of people from russian django group (http://groups.google.com/
> group/django-russian/browse_thread/thread/678e725e12ccca46 - russian
> language) told me that it's very bad decision as im losing some
> important django advantages.

I would guess the advantages are the robust and secure admin interface
that comes packaged in django.contrib.admin, but as long as you're
decorating your edit/delete/whatever views with logjn security I don't
really see the problem either.

Ryan Tomayko has done something similar (assuming we're talking about
the same thing):

http://tomayko.com/writings/administrative-debris