On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 12:18 -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm just going through this tutorial and the custom method
> was_published_today() is not recognized as an attribute of Poll,
> though it's defined in the model as follows:
>
> from django.db import models
> import datetime
>
> class Poll(models.Model):
>     question = models.CharField(maxlength=200)
>     pub_date = models.DateTimeField('date published')
>     def __str__(self):
>         return self.question
>       def was_published_today(self):
>           return self.pub_date.date() == datetime.date.today()

Your indentation is wrong. was_published_today is an inner function of
__str__ instead of being a class method of its own. 'def
was_published_today' should have the same indentation as 'def __str__'

Please be very careful with whitespace when writing python/django code!

Btw, are you using version 0.96.x of Django or a SVN checkout? You
should use __unicode__ instead of __str__ in code written for a current
version of Django. This does not matter for the problem you run into,
I'm just asking.

Matthias

--
http://spinlock.ch/blog/