Is this the best way to organize the files in Django?

Not important, it's personal taste.

Also in a web cart scenario where is the best area to put the data of
the items inside the cart?

Umm, i would say in a database

Is it good to put the checking if the user has login in the base
template and check the rights of the user in each page?

Yeah, that's usually how it's handled.