On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 1:57 AM, Donn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sunday, 17 August 2008 20:38:06 varikin wrote:
> > I am planning on using jquery sort to reorder them
> > by dragging them on the change list.
> Cool, if you get that right, I'd like to hear about it!
>
> \d

I got a chance to get what I wanted almost working.   I followed a section
on NewForms HOWTO[1] to get this.  I overrode change_list_result.html to
modify the table template used on the change list page.  Since this template
is called from an inclusion tag, I created a template tag that includes my
change_list_results.html instead of the default one.  I then overrode
change_list.html to call my tag instead of the default tag.  My
change_list.html extends admin/change_list.html, loads my tag, and implments
the result_list block.

The newforms howto answered most of my questions.  The part I don't have
done yet is saving the new order.  That will take adding a button and a
method to process/save the objects.  I hope this helps.

[1]
http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/NewformsHOWTO#Q:HowdoIaddanextracolumntothechangelistview

John