Daniel

You helped a lot.  You are right that my code wasn't clear.  I only
extracted snipets and forgot bits, e.g. talk _title and speaker_title
which are in the model but not in what I reported.  Frankly, all I'm
trying to do right now is experiment to learn how this works.
Eventually, I have a couple of projects in mind, the first being
something to generate HTML files for a web site based on content in a
database.

 You are right, the root cause is that I was not yet understanding how
to access the models and part of my learning is deaing with ojects in
Python.  With your key help, it now works and I see the light.

I learned:

1.  create the objects (one record from the database table) by
my_objectname=[Classname].objects.all()[N] where N is the record
number.
2.  when change the data model, I have to restart the python shell ...
on the to-do list is to learn how to redefine the data model.
3.  in the template, use the objectname in the double brackets, e.g.
{{ my_objectname.date }} and {{ my_objectname.test }}
4.  calling render_to_response is differnt than I thought!
print render_to_response('mtg_summary.html',{'my_meeting':my_meeting})

Question: in the context of this example, in
{'my_meeting':my_meeting}), what are these two things opposite of the
colon?