The problem with using sudo on the www user is that if you are in a
shared environment, anyone can upload a web page/script to their
website and call the passwd command.

If you use mod_wsgi or fcgi with apache you can specify the user that
the django app runs under. In my case I am running my application
under a user 'djangoapp'. This user has permission to access the
commands on the base system through sudo.

I think this is a much better solution.

Paddy