On Sep 16, 2:30 am, Daniel Roseman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Sorry, my mistake. filter() always gives you a queryset - because
> there might be more than one instance of the related model that fits
> the criteria - so you can't jut reference the location/width directly.
> The best way is to do something like this:
>
> try:
>     return
> self.system_pictures.filter(image_category__name='Header_Pic')[0]
> except IndexError:
>     pass
>
> which will always get the first related image in that category, and
> silently swallows the error that's thrown if there's no such picture.

Can't seem to get the 'except IndexError:' line to pass syntax.

However, it works fine without. Just have to be sure images are
there. :)

> By the way, I would recommend playing around in the shell (./manage.py
> shell) with this - you'll get a much better feel for how it all fits
> together.

Had done some of that, but just couldn't figure this one out!

Again Much Thanks!

Lance

P.S.
I am really enjoying Django much more than Rails.