On Fri, 2008-09-19 at 09:48 -0700, KillaBee wrote:

> On Sep 19, 9:18 am, KillaBee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > On Sep 18, 8:34 pm, Malcolm Tredinnick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:

> > > It did in 0.90, We're talking about something release in mid-November,
> > > 2005: things have changed a little since then. :-)
> >
> > > Regards,
> > > Malcolm
> >
> > I am using an old .90 program that has been a pain to recode to 1.0.
> > I s there a guide on django's website I ca look at?
> > I used the same settings as I did before, in 1.0 that worked.  There
> > is not a manage.py but there is a management.py with a init.  When I
> > did python management.py and any command nothing happened, so I am
> > thinking that the settings might be wrong, or the location was not in
> > python.
> >
> > MANAGERS = ADMINS
> >
> > DATABASE_ENGINE = 'mysql'
> > DATABASE_NAME = 'timesheets'
> > DATABASE_USER = 'bryant'
> > DATABASE_PASSWORD = '********'
> > DATABASE_HOST = '10.0.0.20'
> > DATABASE_PORT = '3306'
> >
> > Does Django .90 automaticlly put projects in python?
[...]

> I see *args, **kwargs2 , so I am thinking it is a db problem with the
> username and password, but I can log in with I.  Do I need a number in
> my user name on .90?

In my original post, I said that it could be something like the database
port number. You apparently didn't check that. The database port number
in the settings file you posted is a string, not an integer. That's
almost certainly the problem. You will not be able to simply use a 1.0
settings file with 0.90. There are lots of differences, some large and
some small. Basically, everything on the BackwardsIncompatibleChanges
page in the wiki (and the older version of that page that is linked from
the top).

Regards,
Malcolm