On Sep 19, 8:18 pm, Malcolm Tredinnick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-09-19 at 09:48 -0700, KillaBee wrote:
>
> > On Sep 19, 9:18 am, KillaBee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:

> > > I am using an old .90 program that has been a pain to recode to 1.0.
> > > I s there a guide on django's website I ca look at?
> > > I used the same settings as I did before, in 1.0 that worked.  There
> > > is not a manage.py but there is a management.py with a init.  When I
> > > did python management.py and any command nothing happened, so I am
> > > thinking that the settings might be wrong, or the location was not in
> > > python.
>
> > > MANAGERS = ADMINS
>
> > > DATABASE_ENGINE = 'mysql'
> > > DATABASE_NAME = 'timesheets'
> > > DATABASE_USER = 'bryant'
> > > DATABASE_PASSWORD = '********'
> > > DATABASE_HOST = '10.0.0.20'
> > > DATABASE_PORT = '3306'
>
> > > Does Django .90 automaticlly put projects in python?
>
> [...]
>

> > I see *args, **kwargs2 , so I am thinking it is a db problem with the
> > username and password, but I can log in with I.  Do I need a number in
> > my user name on .90?
>
> In my original post, I said that it could be something like the database
> port number. You apparently didn't check that. The database port number
> in the settings file you posted is a string, not an integer. That's
> almost certainly the problem. You will not be able to simply use a 1.0
> settings file with 0.90. There are lots of differences, some large and
> some small. Basically, everything on the BackwardsIncompatibleChanges
> page in the wiki (and the older version of that page that is linked from
> the top).
>
> Regards,
> Malcolm`

I did check the pages but did not find anything like the errors.
I took out the host and port, but I still get the error.
I looked at the connections.py and mysql.py.
In the connections.py there is a way to make a db connection because
of this error:
File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/MySQLdb/connections.py", line
176, in __init__
    super(Connection, self).__init__(*args, **kwargs2)
        host '10.0.0.20'
        user 'bryant'
        db 'timesheets'
        port '3306'
this gave me a format error.

I looked at the mysql.py because of this error:
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Django-0.90-py2.5.egg/django/
core/db/backends/mysql.py", line 67, in cursor
    self.connection = Database.connect(**kwargs)
and the if is:
if DATABASE_PORT:
            kwargs['port'] = DATABASE_PORT
            self.connection = Database.connect(**kwargs)

is there a middleware that might help connect?